First of all, I have learned how to download videos on my blog. You can see an example here.
This is Portishead singing "Sour Times", and the song reminds me of the Portishead CD I bought in Sydney when I lived there.
My teacher friends in Norway may be surprised to hear that we haven't got access to You tube at work. So if we want to use a You tube video for educational purposes we have to download the video before class (on the You tube downloader computer in the staff room) and save it on your memory stick and bring it back to our class room. I tried to do this once, but it didn't really work out.
But last night I tried the You tube downloader at home - with success! I downloaded two videos, and tried to play them for my Y13 class today. We are working with "Traditions and conventions in the Arts" and discussed flash mobs and I wanted to show them this.
Well, we couldn't actually discuss it, because the video didn't work on the school computer. But tomorrow I will fix it! Yes! :) And the other video I downloaded actually worked, so we had a fruitful debate on the use of street pianos. Have you heard of them? Excellent idea! Check out the BBC commentary here.
Enjoy the videos, and have a nice week! Life is good here, even in the horrible rain we have had the last couple of days. I really hope it will stop raining so we can play tennis tomorrow night!!
..her hadde mine småtroll uttrykt seg slik: serr? noob ass. På plussiden er du mye bedre på søkeord og informasjonsorganisering enn kidsa dine!
SvarSlettNettopp! :) Og jeg lærer stadig. Har siden dette innlegget ble skrevet sett min første film på internett. (Ja, det var "bare" streaming, men dog...) Framskritt er bra! hva betyr "noob" forresten? Fant det ikke på kebabnorsk ordliste: http://kebabnorsk.co.cc/
SvarSlettnewbie med lydskrift. Nybegynner i spillverdenen mine kids er vel bevandret i. Noen av dem er rimelig gode på engelske ord som beskriver død, angrep og voldsangrep..ikke si de ikke lærer noe av videospill!
SvarSlettHa ha, takk for den! NEWBIE. Da lærte jeg noe nytt:) Og i dag underviste jeg faktisk i enkle søketeknikker for ulike temaer. "Miss, I can't find any information about [topic] here". Og så kommer Miss med den Magiske Søketryllestaven, og VIPS så finner de det de leter etter! :) Ja man kan lære av mye rart, gitt.
SvarSlett