søndag 11. juli 2010

Swimming pool and football

Before I go to bed after a lovely day I would like to share three things with you about the Spanish people and their behaviour. This is of course very subjective, and please don't hold this against me. I know I'm currently walking down the (very dangerous) road of stereotyping.

1.) Most of the tourists by the swimming pool (in my complex) are British. They are all over the place, and sometimes it feels as if they are taking over "our" pool. "Hey, we live here!" (Quote the people who actually live here!) So it was a great change of scene this afternoon when a nice Spanish man and his three daughters were playing in the pool, singing Spanish songs, and being as loud as the British tourists, but in Spanish

2.) Nevertheless, I have to admit that when I went for (a lovely and very cheerful) lunch with friends in Fuengiróla earlier today, the six of us were probably much louder than the Spanish people are when in tapas bars. Cause hey, they're known for being extremely loud when they go out... So I guess it's all about giving and taking? :)

3.) Tomorrow night is the night of the grande finale! If you didn't know yet: Spain is in the World Cup final against the Netherlands. People have been crazy here this week, celebtrating the historical moment: This is the first time ever that Spain has reached the World Cup Finals! Go Spain!!!I'm watching the match in a nice pub (with very nice cocktails) tomorrow, and I'm even considering buying a Spanish T-shirt. Oh yeah!!!! I'm not that interested in football, but I'm very fascinated by how the World Cup influences people down here. (Mental note: Bring camera to football pub tomorrow night!)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar