fredag 16. juli 2010

80 hours

It is good to be back in Norway! My "I-don't-want-to-leave-Spain"-blues has passed. Here's my little report of life in Norway so far, in a totally random order, after 80 hours in this wonderful country:

1. It never gets dark here at night!! Wow! It is sooo bright, compared to Spain. Beautiful summernights with a beautiful light.

2. I didn't know how much I missed chatting to/joking with/passing remarks to the shop assistants before I got back here and could talk to everyone without having to
a.) (in Spanish) make my comments extremely easy linguistically due to my limited Spanish
b.) (in English) make my comments extremely easy linguistically due to the shop assistant's limited English

3. The water from the tap tastes lovely -- no hint of chlorine or any other dubious tastes...

4. It is lovely to be with friends and family again!!!!

5. I have seen the house I grew up in. My family went down memory lane after the funeral in Brumunddal on Wednesday -- this brought up lots of memories from my childhood of course.

6. The public transport system has progressed! They have finally started using the electronic ticket system after postponing it for at least three (??) years here in Oslo (correct me if I'm wrong).

7. Oslo is a truly multicultural city, and I have already heard lots of languages that I had forgotten that you can hear in the capital of Norway.

8. It was very cold here the first day. I experienced a drop in around 20 degrees...

9. Norwegian ice-cream is very nice!

10. I saw a car with a Spanish flag on in the very famous city Hokksund this afternoon! This flag was identical to the one I bought for my car (see picture on this blog entry) and I nearly ran over and started talking to the people in the car. That's how excited I got! My first "I miss Spain"-experience.

Ok, that's it for now. Have a lovely weekend everyone! Hasta pronto, chicos y chicas!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar