fredag 26. mars 2010

GOD PÅSKE

Dear friends and family, it's spring! It's almost like summer here now! My skin even smells like it does after a summer's day in the sun. (Not so surprisingly, actually...) I LOVE IT!! 

We ended the spring term at Aloha the best possible way today, with the Interhouse Sports Final. The students have played basketball, football etc. the whole day, and we've been outside in the sun the entire day supervising the different activities! I love it!! I've even got a nice tan:) Went to the gym afterwards and had coffee with a colleague in the sun after that. How great! 

Elaine had invited a few teachers over to her place last night. We had a great laugh, and enjoyed a soggy pizza and nice drinks:) I learned a lot about "false friends" in English and Spanish. Thanks to Jacquie for sharing her experiences!! Haha!


Now it's time to clean the flat and tidy up a bit. Boring, but necessary. Going to the airport tonight to pick up my friend. Looking forward to spending the first part of the holidays with her. Don't know what we'll do yet, but there are endless opportunities here in the area. And with Pedro back on track, we can even go on trips as well, if we feel like.

My sister and her family are coming over the second week. Can't wait to see them again, let alone have a great cuddle with Oda and Sivert!

There is really nothing here that reminds me of the traditional Norwegian Easter with påskekrim, skitur, kvikk lunsj, påskeegg, etc, but I'm looking forward to an Easter here in Spain. And the weather seems to be alright as well, check out this link.

One thing I know we'll do is watching at least one of the Semana Santa Proceciones. Check out the picture below, the Semana Santa/Holy Week link from Wikipedia, and the blog I found when I googled "Semana Santa".
 
There are lots of other pictures out there on the World Wide Web but I found that the participants reminded me a bit of the Ku Klux Klan so I didn't want to publish any of those pictures on my blog.

Anyway, I have to sort out the flat now. Wishing you all a great Easter break! Relax! Enjoy! Go skiing! Watch påskekrimmen! Eat Kvikk Lunsj!

Påskeklem fra Stine

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar