torsdag 15. oktober 2009

My first date with Pedro

Finally! The day had come! I was going to meet Pedro for the very first time! I really couldn't believe it! I was so excited! The preparations had involved plenty of paper work and phone calls and money. We had to make sure everything was perfect for our first date, and after living here in Spain almost two months, I finally had an appointment with the people who could introduce me to Pedro. Wow!

I knew I would need some moral support with this first meeting, so I had allied with Karol, Mariela and Paula. Jonathan had provided us with some technical equipment. (Just in case...) My first date with Pedro had to be perfect! :)

First we went to Silvia's office to sort out the final paper work. Silvia and I also popped by the insurance company to pick up some papers. And then .... we were ready... and I could feel my heart beating very fast. I was so excited!!! And nervous! Here is a picture of my three assistants outside the Norwegian school in Benalmádena.
There was a Spanish cultural evening on at the Norwegian school in Benalmádena this evening. So while the headmaster went looking for the keys, we enjoyed some proper Spanish culture presented by Norwegian kids. But I couldn't focus. The only thing on my mind was Pedro.

And then, finally, we entered what had been Pedro's house this summer. The garage! And there he was, all blue and nice. Wow! My own car! My own Pedro! Fantastic!! He's a Fiat Punto!

His battery was flat, but Mr. Headmaster managed to bump start the car for us, and Karol drove the car all the way back to Aloha College. I should have been driving, yes, I know that, but ... it was very likely that I would have stalled the motor ("kvæla motoren, på godt norsk), and then we would have been #%&¤#&/&, basically ---- since the battery would need to charge at least half an hour. Pedro behaved very well on the road from Benalmádena to Aloha College, where Karol had parked her car. He's basically just soooo nice, and I really like him!

At the college I was just going to drive him an extra round on the car park, and (luckily!) Karol waited for me. Here is a picture of me in my car, Miss Raustøl, the proud owner of her very first car ever.

And what happened?!?! I stalled the motor, and we couldn't start the car. Pedro's battery was flat! I couldn't believe it!! We were stuck, in the middle of the car park!! Unbeliavable!

LUCKILY Silvia had sorted out all my insurance papers, so I rang the towing service, spoke to someone who spoke English, and after 20 minutes a very nice man came over to help us. Well, he didn't find us at first, so I had to give directions in Spanis, something I quite enjoyed! :) He jumpstarted the car again (for free because of my insurance!), and followed me back to La Maestranza, just in case I would get problems, or stall the car. Again....

I managed to drive back to my apartment with only one minor error: No lights on! Well well, seeing as this was my first date with Pedro, I feel we did get on fairly well. So now I've left Pedro in the garage, and this weekend I will have to get a new battery for him. That's the charming aspect of being a car owner, right?!?!


Pedro in the La Maestranza garage. Lovely car, isn't it? He needs to be cleaned, of course, but I'm sure we'll have much fun together! :)

5 kommentarer:

  1. Ja, ja.. Sånn er det av og til... Som jeg skrev på mail til deg, Stine; Vi hadde ALDRI problemer med bilen i løpet av vårt år i Spania, så dette synes jeg er skikkelig kjetty som man sier på Hedemarken.. Men fiks det, og send meg en mail om hva det kostet, så skal jeg overføre penger! Qué tengas más suerte con el coche en el futuro!
    Espen

    SvarSlett
  2. Dette ordner seg, vet du, Espen. TAKK for at du tilbyr å betale. FLAKS at Silvia hadde fikset så god forsikring!! Veihjelpen kom etter 20 minutter, og det var gratis:) Bilen var FANTASTISK å kjøre, og jeg er sikker på at Pedro og jeg kommer til å få mye moro sammen!!

    SvarSlett
  3. Veldig bra Stine ! Jeg kan se det for meg...altså dine fremtidige dater med pedro...moro. Kos deg. Stor klem fra Ingrid

    SvarSlett
  4. Hehe, ingenting er som perfekte førstedater :D Men grattis med ny bil a. Har hørt man kjører som vilmenn der nede i det sydlige Europa, så vokt det for hissigproppene på veien:p
    Lykke til videre med forholdet!
    Anita

    SvarSlett
  5. Takk, Ingrid og Anita. De kjører som noen gærninger her, så jeg tar det steg for steg. Dvs. jeg kommer til å unngå de store skumle veiene med en gang. After all så synes jeg jo det er skummelt nok å kjøre ut på E18 ved Bygdøylokket i Oslo! Men jeg ser på forholdet mitt til Pedro som en kilde til utvikling, og ikke minst inntjening av nye voksenpoeng:)

    SvarSlett