tirsdag 18. august 2009

Five days to go

I'm moving to Spain in five days. Wow, it's really starting to sink in now, the fact that in a week I won't be here in Oslo. I will be in Spain. This is my dream come true: working in another country, in an English-speaking environment!! :)

Vivian had invited me for dinner last Friday, and I turned up at 7pm as promised, scruffy-looking and exhausted. And what a great dinner!! She had invited lots of friends to a surprise-farewell-party in her back yard! I didn't know anything about it, and was totally taken by surprise!! A perfect night and a great memory:) Thank you so much!

Everyone keeps asking me if I'm nervous, and to be honest, I'm not nervous. Yet. I'm sure it will change once I arrive in Spain, but I will manage! My greatest concern now is all the books I'd like to bring. As of now, I've got 40 kilos of books waiting to be shipped down to Spain.. And there's more to come...

My to do-list is much shorter now, and one big issue that is sorted out is the flat at Etterstad. I moved out on Sunday, and thanks to Cathrine, the cleaning process went ok: we spent only 4,5 hours cleaning! Thank you:) Can't even think about what time I would've been done if I'd have to do it alone.

2 kommentarer:

  1. I'm so excited for you! I hope the move goes well--I totally understand the dilemma about books. I ended up not really using most of the ones I brought, so bring less than you think you'll need.

    Bon voyage!

    SvarSlett
  2. Thanks, Kathee! And thanks for the advice... Will go through the books again this afternoon:)

    SvarSlett