tirsdag 24. april 2012

The Hunger Games

Since it is still 23 April, which is the birthday of Shakespeare and Cervantes, I thought it would be suitable to write a few words on the blog about literature. This weekend I read the first book in "The Hunger Games" series, and I have to say I got addicted straight away!!!! Basically I was sold after 50 pages on Friday, and read the rest of the book (about 400 pages) on Saturday and Sunday, in the sun. 

Lena and I watched the film tonight, and I have to say it was really exciting to watch the film. I haven't been so full of expectations (in a kind of childish way) since the first Harry Potter films. And here we go again! Guess who is going to start reading the second book tonight?

There are so many aspects of the book the can be discussed; criticism of society, how far can we let reality shows go, what is a human life worth, would you do what Katniss did at the reaping, what would you do for love, how do we let the authorities control our lives, do we let the authorities control our lives, what do we do to fit in, what is life worth, and lots of more stuff. I discussed the book and some topics related to it with some students today. It was interesting to hear their perspectives. I think the film was nearly as good as the book, and I particularly liked the way the film portrayed the people in the Capitol. Fascinating!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar