tirsdag 23. august 2011

More than 300

I once read that the journalist Cathrine Sandnes used to read more than 300 books per year before she had kids. This created a certain interest in me: How many books do I actually read every year? So, I started compiling a list of all the books I read from January 2009 onwards, and it's safe to say that I'm faaaaar away from 300 books per year. However, I'm quite happy that I've read three very good novels the last ten days. 'Kjerringer', recommended by my lovely sister. 'Fyrvokteren', a summer present from my god-son Jacob. (I usually don't read crime stories.) And 'Sunset Park' --> thanks again to my friend Kari for introducing me to Paul Auster back in 2003 (2004?) when we were sharing a flat in Thurmanns gate. You can click on the tool bar under my blog heading to see a list of the books I've read since 2009. Have you read any good books lately?

4 kommentarer:

  1. Jaha? Så Cathrine Sandnes rakk å lese 1 bok (antar dette dreier seg om ROMANER) HVER DAG I TILLEGG TIL 8T ARBEIDSDAG? Somehow I find that very, very unlikely. Remember: How many novels, short stories, linguistic theory books, grammar books did'nt we read at the uni when we read as a "job"..did we read 300 in addition to working part-time?

    SvarSlett
  2. True, Silje. True. Tried to find the article online but couldn't find it. Yes, we read a lot at uni when we "read as a job" (I like that phrase!) but still, 300 ...?! Don't know.

    SvarSlett