On Friday, 35 students and five teachers walked to the top of the famous mountain La Concha. This is the mountain that I can see from my garden, and for some reason I love watching it. That's really something I will miss when I move to Marbella in a few weeks. Here's a picture of La Concha from last year, and you can barely see the top because of the dramatic clouds.
The walk took about three hours (one way), including some dangerous bits where we had to climb on a ledge, basically, but everyone made it, and the views from the top were amazing!!!Here's a picture of me and three of the other teachers. Look at the views, and look at Marbella and Puerto Banús down there. Quite cool.
It was really hot on Friday, but Sensible Stine didn't get burned, because she used factor 30 all over the place. Yesterday was also amzingly hot and nice, but I was inside most of the day. Went to a meeting for Cambridge examiners in Málaga and then I had lunch with my good friend at one of my favourite lunch places in Fuengirola; the Wok House. Excellent! I always eat soooo much when I'm there that I don't have to eat more until the next day. I love the food there, and the whole concept. Celebrated a colleague's birthday at a bar down the road in the evening.
Today has been baking hot! Seriously, the sun melted the glue on my paperback book when I was reading up by the swimming pool earlier today. Incredible! Apparently it was 32 degrees. Not too impressed by the quality of the book, though, but hey, it's Paul Auster, so I'll just let it pass.
And did I tell you all that love is in the air? My six years old neighbour Lucas is dying to see my niece Oda again! According to his mum, my friend Bianca, he has told everyone he wants to marry Oda. Well, seeing as Oda is only six, I think it's impressive! I love the way kids are!!
What else? I have started packing my stuff now. Moving to a nice apartment in Marbella just after Easter. Can't wait to get out of this crazy criminal neighbourhood. Did I tell you that my parents and I witnessed another shotgun incident when they were here? And last night, rather late, I heard shooting again in the streets. Crazy.
So, one more week of work, and then two weeks off. Lovely! Looking forward to picking up my sister, brother in law, and their kids at the airport on Tuesday and to have some quality time with them here. And then my friend Ingvild is coming the last part of the Easter. Yeah!
Wishing you all a fantastic spring and a lovely Easter break.
Musical illiteracy: emblematic of our times.
for én uke siden

Shooting?? OMG, I thought you meant in the AREA, not OUTSIDE your apt..that is just..so Philadelphia. I'd take drunken annoying tourists any day compared to shooting
SvarSlettNo no, literally OUTSIDE my apt, Silje. Between where I live and the pasta cafe. Scary stuff!!! I was having dinner at the Indian with my parents when we became witnesses to the whole thing last week. Scary. Yes, I agree, give me some drunken, sunburnt tourists instead of this!!!
SvarSlett