mandag 13. desember 2010

Christmas Tree and Lucia

Yes! Verden står ikke til påske! I've got my own Christmas tree, for the very first time in my life. And halleluja how tacky it is. I bought it at the Chinese Bazaar next door this afternoon. (Gosh, I feel like a proper grown-up now. The owner of my very own flashy Christmas tree.)

The flashlights change from blue to green to red, and luckily they can also be switched off. Isn't it fantastic? Or just dead ugly? I don't know. I think it's fun! Take a look at the lovely blue star on the tree. Fiona gave it to me today; it's from the V&A museum in London. It's lovely!

Just to get in the right mood, I also bought some new candles, and a Christmas stocking with Feliz Navidad written all over it. It's Christmas time in my casa. And it's the Lucia Day in the Scandinavian countries today. Look at the picture below, copied from the World Wide Web.

Kids walk in Lucia parades while singing the Lucia song, and they wear electric candles on their heads, eat the famous lusekatter, and generally have fun. Go Christmas traditions!!

4 kommentarer:

  1. I LOVE your tree! When I was in kindergarten, we had a contest to see who would be Santa Lucia in our class parade. Maria and I were tied, so we had to choose one of our teachers hands (they were hidden behind her back). Whoever chose the one with the "X" would be Santa Lucia. I chose the "O"; Maria was a beautiful Santa Lucia . . . and I sulked.

    SvarSlett
  2. Ha ha ha, Kathee. You chose the wrong hand! I don't blame you for sulking. But hey, I always thought Santa Lucia was a Scandinavian tradition. I must have been wrong. And thanks for liking my tree:)

    SvarSlett
  3. What a wonderfully tacky blue X-mas tree you have, Stine!! I love it!

    SvarSlett