It's raining on Costa del Sol today. Heavy, heavy rain! (Well, right now the sun is actually shining. Weird...)
On a rainy day, what can be better than drinking hot chocolate with good friends, watching Grey's Anatomy (yes, I'm finally on Season 7 now!) and listening to music? (*Have also been to see a doctor friend in Marbella to pick up a prescription for my neighbour. THANK YOU, Doctor K.*) I love lazy Saturdays! And to be honest, it's sometimes nice to have bad weather down here. Other plans for this weekend include going to the feria in Fuengirola with my friend, and an intensive course in Spanish.
Right now I'm tidying up the apartment while listening to Lily Allen. Her CD "It's Not Me, It's You" totally takes me back to Oslo in 2008/2009 and life in that tiny tiny apartment at Etterstad. Do you also have memories attached to certain songs? Please feel free to share your connections in the comments section if you feel like doing it.
Musical illiteracy: emblematic of our times.
for én uke siden
Haha, Stinemor, I've got loads of memories attached to songs. Remember Spin Doctors' "Two Princes"? Takes me back to the US and being 16 and in love... And not to forget "Brothers in Arms" by Dire Straits, the whole album, actually. Skiing at Norefjell on weekends and relaxing and singing along in the car on the way home. And my first encounter with The Darkness, at the Reading and Leeds festival. "Loooove on the rocks" - sung in falsetto, of course! The list is so long, practically endless. Music certainly brings memories. What would we do without it?:-)
SvarSlettAh ... Brothers in Arms ....
SvarSlett... Yeah what would we do without it? I don't know, Cathrine. It's fascinating to see how many memories that are attached to music. At least for me, and certainly for you as well! Oh yeah! :)
SvarSlett