lørdag 8. mai 2010

Charity Walk for Cancer

I am going to attend the Charity Walk for Cancer on Saturday, 23 May, in Benalmádena. The money goes to the Cudeca Foundation. You can read more about the foundation here. I will walk 10km and try to raise as much money as possible. Do you want to sponsor me? Let me know!

"The objective is for participants to raise funds via individual sponsorship, by encouraging friends to give an amount for every kilometre walked. This year’s funds will be especially destined to save the In-Patient Unit from its financial difficulties and prevent the possibility of its closure by November 2010." You can read more about the Walkathon here.

My choir is also arranging two Charity Concerts for Cudeca this spring. (In Benalmádena on 30 May and in Marbella on 1 June. Come to the concerts if you live in Spain!).You can read about the concerts on Cudeca's Events page here.

Reading about the Charity walk for cancer made me think of the famous Prøysen-marsjen, a walk that my family used to attend every September in Brumunddal when I was a child. This walk was arranged in honour of the local hero Alf Prøysen. Does anyone know if Prøysen-marsjen is alive and kicking? I especially remember walking Prøysen-marsjen with some of my parents' closest friends in Brumunddal. One member of that family is now fighting cancer, and that's one of the reasons why I want to join the Walkathon here in Spain on 23 May.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar