I have just spent hours online! Was writing some e-mails, and then I started looking for information about something, and one thing led to another, and I ended up spending hours surfing the Internet. Yes, surfing. It's amazing how time flies when you're online...
Thank you to my favourite comics web page (www.comics.com)
Anyway. I've come across lots of interesting web pages, blogs etc. Interestingly enough I'm working with "Surfing and skateboarding in English-speaking countries" in my English B HL class now (Year 12) as a part of the studies of "typical and distinctive leisure activities" (p. 28 in the Subject Guide). On Wednesday we watched the film "Lords of Dogtown" about the Tony Alva etc. I like that film!! You can read about it here.
*****
I spent last weekend in Oslo celebrating my Mum's 60th birthday. It is exactly a week ago now since I arrived at my parents' apt. in Oslo. Strange. Feels like ages ago now. It was really nice to get some quality time with my family, including my sister and her little family:) The birthday party was held at my mum's job Gyldendal Norsk Forlag and was a great success, with lots of nice guests (family and friends), tapas, music, wine, a jazz band, Martha Norheim. The youngest guest was 2 (Sivert, my lovely nephew) and the oldest one was my grandmother (soon 88 years old!). I spent 58 hours in Norway last weekend and enjoyed it very much! Here are some images from my short, long weekend:
Mamma, Oda, Trude, me, Sivert.
We gave mamma her presents before the guests arrived.
We gave mamma her presents before the guests arrived.
Frognerparken last Sunday! Oda and I went skiing. I love that park!!
Oda!
My favourite park on a beautiful Sunday!
I also spent some time with Vivian and Kjersti last weekend. Nice! The Monday morning flight from Oslo to Málaga was full, 100% -- it's the most crowded plane I've ever been on.
When I got back from Oslo on Monday it turned out that the switch on the kitchen had gone, so I was welcomed by an awful stank from my fridge and freezer. Had to throw five plastic bags of food in the bin. What a waste! Anyway, I am lucky since I live in a country where I can pop out to Mercadona and buy new food. No worries. No te preocupes. A bit annoying, of course, that the same thing happened again this afternoon.... Jamie the handyman has promised to get an electrician to have a look at the electrical equipment in this apartment. Thank you.
***
So, what else is new?
... went to a Cambridge Exams Training in Marbella today. Interesting and very useful! I also met Birgit Bloom, the legendary teacher at Aloha at the training session. She retired last summer, and I have taken over her job. "Oh, so you're the new Mrs Bloom?" is a question I've been asked soooo many times this year! And finally I've met her! She was very nice:)
... watched a great film (with Karol) the other day: "Invictus". It was probably not historically correct, but Morgan Freeman playing Nelson Mandela is definitely worth watching! Read more about the film here.
... enjoyed singing on Tuesday night! :)
... going to Málaga tomorrow (with Fiona) to watch Bodas de sangre at the theatre. You can read about the play here and wish me luck: the play is performed in Spanish!!
That's it.
Ole Lukkøye og Paul Auster venter på meg.
Sov godt!

Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar