torsdag 24. september 2009

Tarifa

School life in Spain is definitely never boring! This week I sent a student to detention for the very first time in my life. Tomorrow, I'm going to Tarifa (thank you, Google maps) with the Year 13 students and three teachers. Aloha College has arranged Adventure trips (for CAS points, Activity) since 2003, and the Year 13 students (and teachers, hopefully!!!) will get a chance to try activities such as advanced rock climbing, abseiling, low ropes challenges, archery etc. So I guess students, as well as teachers, will have a great weekend down in Tarifa. The beach down there looks lovely, as can be seen on the picture. The students will sleep in tents, whereas the teachers get a cabin. Great! :-)

My parents visited last weekend. We had three great days together where I showed them my life here in La Maestranza, the swimming pool, the market, Puerto Banus, the yachts, the local tapas bar, the local china restaurant etc. We even did some gardening! So this is the new boat my parents consider buying for our "hytte" in Kragerø... Looks great, doesn't it?? :-) Just what we need in Barlandskilen. Haha!







This week has also been a dramatic week! First there was a huge fire next to the complex. Someone left a cigarette, apparently... My garden was covered with ash. Luckily I had closed all the windows before I went to work that morning. It still smells extremly burnt-out in the area... Then, when I got back from the pool yesterday, my hot water tank had started leaking. And not only my water tank, but all the water tanks in the complex! Scary. Unfortunately I couldn't geth hold of Mike Delfino from Wisteria Lane (picture), but Adrian (friend and neighbour) came over and helped me sorting it out. It took a while to empty out the biiiig hot water tank. Mr. Handyman Jamie fixed the tank (temporarily) this afternoon. So hopefully I can have a hot bath tomorrow morning. This is what it looked like last night. I think I emptied 10 buckets of water before I went to bed...

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar